Friday, September 6, 2019

Week 3: Part 1 Communicating with Businesses

Sometimes communicating with a business is an ordeal: you call and are transferred to multiple departments and wait on hold for half an hour, only to be disconnected or rerouted to another person who still can’t answer your questions. I have had this problem, especially when dealing with certain Health Insurance companies. I have often felt like giving up and that so much time was wasted, that I don’t want to try again. Thankfully, there’s a way to get questions answered or bounce ideas off others who have gone through something similar, on the business’s social media site or even your own Twitter or Facebook profile!

I haven’t really used social media yet to communicate with businesses, but after reading the first chapter in the book we were assigned, I definitely am going to start doing that.

If I had a business on social media, I would want to know what negative or positive comments were going on about my business so I could resolve them, make changes, or address concerns. Social media almost breaks chains and gives freedom to consumers, where we had no recourse before, except to write in to the local paper and hope our letter got published, or just tell all our friends by word of mouth. Now we have a quick, effective way to communicate with the business, or let others know to either go check them out, or warn them to stay away.

1 comment:

  1. I definitly agree that it is a roller coaster ride sometime when you need to communicate with a business. They always make you wait and transfer you. Thank goodness for social media for more ways to contact a business.

    ReplyDelete